Total Pageviews

Saturday 29 November 2014

My shopping experience on Black Friday.

My microwave in the box
Although I had heard that people were urging shoppers to boycott Malls on Black Friday as a protest over the decision of the Grand Jury to not indict officer Darren Wilson in the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in the Ferguson shooting, I decided to head to Target store at Eagle Rock Plaza for a microwave oven I urgently needed. Mine had stopped working couple of months ago.  

I easily found a parking spot close to Target store entrance. I was in luck there was a 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave oven for sale for only $40. Hurriedly I purchased one.  As I was standing at the cashier, I noticed other great bargains.  Poinsettia plants were on sale for $4.99. I chose a few pots and then I noticed dollar deals for kids activity and coloring books and crayons.  I bought those too.  I also purchase a DVD player for  $19.99.  I didn't have any idea that DVD players could be so cheap.  I hope it will work.  And now I can use Netflix to watch movies.  

After having all of those super bargains I headed to my aunt's home.  I wanted to take her some leftover food from Thanksgiving dinner.  She was happy for the food, but she said that her microwave stopped working.  So I gave her my newly purchased microwave and went to buy another one for me.  This time instead of going back to Eagle Rock plaza I went to Glendale Galleria. That was a big mistake.  

I got stuck as I entered the parking structure. There was no way out.  It took me half an hour to snake around and find a parking spot.  I walked to target and found out that they were out of the special deal of microwaves.  It took me another half an hour to exit the parking structure.  I learned my lesson, never shop at Glendale Galleria during Holiday season.  I went back to Eagle Rock and it was a snap.  I was in and out with a new microwave.  

No comments:

Post a Comment